· AIMS has the rare distinction of being the first (and remains as the only one till date) private investment/asset management company in Bangladesh.
· AIMS has brought about qualitative changes in the finance sector in general and the capital market in particular through introducing innovative products and new approaches to investment finance in Bangladesh, specializing in Mutual Funds.
· AIMS conceived the idea and launched and managing the Tk70 million pioneering first mutual fund in Bangladesh under private initiative (2000), the AIMS First Guaranteed Mutual Fund, as the Asset Manager, sponsored by top ranked financial institutions, which played a pioneering role in developing a matured investment culture in the country. The size of the fund was later increased to Tk140 million by the general unitholders (2005). The closed-end fund has a unique capital guarantee feature, hitherto unknown in the local market. It is listed at both the Dhaka and the Chittagong Stock Exchanges.
· AIMS is the Asset Manager for the Tk170 million second closed-end private mutual fund in Bangladesh (2005), the Grameen Mutual Fund One sponsored by the Grameen Bank, founded by the Nobel Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus, regarded as the innovator of microcredit. It was in actualization of the objectives of the visionary Professor to devise an avenue to embark in the capital markets by creating a cost-effective and dependable financial instrument for the poor clients of Grameen Bank and design a product that can bridge the vast poor with the mainstream urban economy, give them ownership in the leading enterprises, and take advantage of the growth potentials. It is listed at the Dhaka and the Chittagong Stock Exchanges.
· AIMS is the designated Asset Manager & Investment Advisor of the proposed BGIC Mutual Fund sponsored by Bangladesh General Insurance Company Limited (BGIC), the first general insurance company of Bangladesh. It is poised to be the first mutual fund floated by any general insurance company in Bangladesh. The project is in an advanced stage of materialization and expected to be launched by the middle of 2009. Application for registration of the fund is already lying with the SEC.
· AIMS has been designated by IDLC of Bangladesh Limited, the first lease finance company and premier non-bank financial institution in Bangladesh, as the designated Asset Manager & Investment Advisor of the proposed IDLC First Mutual Fund to be sponsored by it. The Tk250 million first scheme of the closed-end balanced income fund is poised to be the first mutual fund sponsored by any non-bank financial institution and expected to be floated during the second half of 2009.
· AIMS is the designated Asset Manager & Investment Advisor of the proposed BRAC Provident Mutual Fund for the Employee Provident Fund of BRAC, the largest NGO in the world. It is poised to be the first mutual fund launched by any pension fund in Bangladesh. It is in an advanced stage of materialization and expected to be launched by the end of 2009.
· AIMS was the first institution to introduce the concept of asset securitization by financing institutions in Bangladesh by acting as the Advisor to BRAC, the largest NGO in the world, on feasibility of the securitization of their microcredit receivables in a pioneering attempt (2001).
· AIMS has few unique specialized investment products on the drawing board, including Index, Sariah Compliant, Diaspora, Green Field and Sector & Industry Specific funds.